Chatroom Rules and Etiquette
Please be responsible and respectful of the others while participating within The Writer’s Chatroom. Your conduct should involve common sense, basic social etiquette and follow the guidelines below. Moderators reserve the right to remove anyone from the room for violating any of these guidelines or for any other behavior that is deemed to be inappropriate.
- Be polite and courteous.
- Respect the opinions and practices of others in the room.
- Do not argue or openly debate. However, questions and opposing opinions are encouraged just do so respectfully.
- Limit negative comments as these have a tendency not to help anyone’s world view. Alternatively, try to put the comment in a positive light.
- The use of rude or abusive language, blatantly insensitive remarks or purposely annoying comments is not acceptable.
- Avoid topics involving politics and religion whenever possible. We are a Hate Free Zone.
- For personal safety reasons, be cautious to whom you disclose your last name, email address, home address or telephone number.
- Keep the Chatroom Subject Level at a PG13/YA level. We have young minds visiting the chatroom.
If you are concerned about the content of a chat or private message, please feel free to send a private message to the Moderator or in email to TheWritersChatroom@gmail.com we want to address any concerns.
Moderators reserve the right to Ban any offending Guest for a period of time from 7 to 30 days.